- System user guide: Business registration
- System user guide: Employee registration and induction booking
Forms, Policies and Procedures
- Click to view GWMWater Business Policies (opens to new page)
- Click to view GWMWater Forms and Information (opens to new page)
- Click to view GWMWater OHS Procedures (opens to new page)
Contractor Management System Business Rules
The Business Rules specify the requirements of the documents you upload in the system (licences, insurances, safety certifications). Ensuring your documents meet these requirements will save time and have you approved faster.
- Click to view the GWMWater Contractor Management System Business Rules (opens to new site)
- Safe Work Method Statements overview
- Pegasus Safety Management System Knowledge Base
- Onsite Contractor Knowledge Base
This Knowledge Base includes steps to check company compliance, search for and edit employees, run reports on competencies or work hours, and create users, among other helpful tips. This process can be completed in Onsite, the Pegasus software that powers the GWMWater Contractor Management System.
- Adding and Removing a Cardholder (print and scan)
Complete and return this form if you have a new worker who is already registered to a different company in the system, and you need them added to your company. Workers can be removed from your company by an administrator directly in the system. Instructions on how to complete this process are available under the End Employment sub-heading of this page: https://kb.pegasus.net.au/display/OCCS/Person
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click to expand the FAQ below.
1. How do I know if I need to register in the GWMWater Contractor Management System?
Businesses who conduct these work activities on behalf of GWMWater must first register in the Contractor Management System:
- undertake construction activity
- undertake work on GWMWater’s physical infrastructure
- install, service or test equipment at GWMWater sites
- undertake GWMWater site inspections (not under direct supervision of a GWMWater employee)
- transport potable water for GWMWater
- transport hazardous substances or dangerous goods to or from GWMWater sites
- handle hazardous substances or dangerous goods at GWMWater sites
- provide health services
- provide training or assessment services
- engage sub-contractors
- or at GWMWater discretion
Please speak to your GWMWater contact for more information.
2. What are the subscription categories and costs to register?
Principal Contractor: $550, $110 annual renewal
A business undertaking construction work for GWMWater with a value of more than $350,000.
High Risk Contractor: $220, $110 annual renewal
- where there is a risk of a person falling more than two metres
- on or adjacent to roadways or railways used by road or rail traffic
- in, over or adjacent to water or other liquids where there is a risk of drowning
- at workplaces where there is any movement of powered mobile plant
- structural alterations that require temporary support to prevent collapse
- in an area where there are artificial extremes of temperature
- on or near energised electrical installations or services
- involving a trench or shaft if the excavated depth is more than 1·5 metres
- on or near pressurised gas distribution mains or piping
- involving demolition
- involving a confined space
- on or near chemical, fuel or refrigerant lines
- involving tilt-up or precast concrete
- on telecommunications towers
- involving diving
- involving removal or likely disturbance of asbestos
- in an area that may have a contaminated or flammable atmosphere
- involving the use of explosives
- involving a tunnel
- installing scaffolding that requires a high risk work licence
- involving dogging and rigging that requires a high risk work licence
- operating cranes and hoists that requires a high risk work licence
- operating forklift trucks that requires a high risk work licence
- operating pressure equipment that requires a high risk work licence
AS/NZ4801 Certified Contractor: $220, $110 annual renewal
All other contracting businesses: $110, $110 annual renewal
Individual worker registration costs $70 + GST per person, with the online induction costing $25 + GST. Annual renewal costs $30 + GST per person.
3. What certifications must a contracting business hold to register in the system?
- Public & Product Liability Insurance
- Minimum $5 million for low risk works
- Minimum $20 million for high risk works
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Minimum $10 million
- Victorian Workers Compensation Insurance, or Income Protection if a sole trader
- Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Plant & Machinery Insurance
- Company Operational Licences (air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, water services and asbestos)
For more information about accepted certificates, please view the GWMWater Business Rules.
4. What benefit does the Contractor Management System have for my business?
Registration ensures you’re pre-qualified to work on GWMWater sites. It allows you to keep all of your business information up to date in one place online, and to update your documents as required. The Contractor Management System allows you and your employees to work for GWMWater.
5. Who do I contact if I have questions about the Contractor Management System?
You can contact the Pegasus team during business hours on 1300 305 072 or email email@example.com.
6. Can I get a refund?
Payments made to Pegasus for the verification of uploaded insurances and licenses are final. We cannot refund any fees after the document verification process has begun. Please refer to the terms and conditions in the portal for more details.
7. What’s a Safety Management System review?
A Safety Management System (SMS) review is an independent desktop audit of your Work Health and Safety documents completed by a qualified WHS professional. The review will compare your information against legal and industry requirements to ensure your systems are meeting these obligations. You’ll be contacted when the SMS review is complete and you are compliant in the system. If you do not pass the SMS review, we’ll send you a corrective action report detailing the action we can help you take to become compliant. You will not be compliant unless your SMS has been approved.
The documents you’ll be asked to upload in the system depend on your category and may include, but are not limited to:
- WHS / OHS Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Risk Management Procedures
- Systems of Work process including incident management
- Drug and Alcohol management
- Emergency management
- Training procedures including induction management
- Sub-Contractor Management (if applicable)
- Continual improvement processes
Useful links to help you with your SMS review: